How You Can Help
If you have been touched by The Little Seer, Music of Sacred Lakes or other books by Laura K. Cowan, please join the Aria Project to help spread these stories to those people you think would love them. Exodus, the first book in the novella trilogy that makes up The Little Seer, hit #2 in Christian Suspense and #5 on the Kindle Bestsellers for free Occult/Supernatural during its launch week and was downloaded by thousands of people, and Music of Sacred Lakes flew to the top of the Kindle free bestseller lists with 9,000 downloads at the tops of many Kindle free bestseller lists and #42 on the top 50 Kindle downloads overall for free titles on Amazon during its launch promotion. But these books need your word-of-mouth support to reach the mainstream after their launch promotions end and the titles drop in visibility online. Authors in today’s quickly changing publishing industry, whether traditionally or indie published, often get no marketing support for their work and depend on their own efforts and the enthusiasm of their fans to get the word out as the marketing and distribution systems in the publishing industry are in flux.
Here are some ways you can help Laura spread the love of these imaginative, spiritual stories to as many people as would love to read them.
- Review the book on Amazon or Goodreads. This is one of the most valuable things you can do for an author today, when readers are look to other readers for advice on what to read. Even if your review isn’t 5 stars, your feedback helps other readers decide if they will give these stories a chance. A certain number of positive reviews even helps authors qualify for some book promotion services that offer readers discounts on their books. Also, did you know you can vote other readers’ reviews up or down by clicking the “Was this review helpful to you?” button?
- Share what your favorite book has meant to you with friends you think would like it on your social networks, your favorite online group, or in person.
- Place your favorite book on your Goodreads shelf. Even 7 or 8 people creating a “supernatural fiction” shelf on their Goodreads page and placing one of these books on it would qualify them for the first page of the Goodreads list for popular Supernatural Fiction, for example, where interested readers are browsing.
- Ask your favorite blogger or media outlet to feature Laura’s work. Media folks are always on the lookout for content their readers or viewers will love and often give more attention to the requests of their fans.
- If you know of a list of great books to which Laura’s books would be a great addition, add the book or nominate it for addition. Many authors are discovered through connections with other authors in the same space, whether that’s in an anthology, online “also viewed” algorithm, or on lists of great books created by fans and bloggers.
- Send your own feedback directly to Laura at laurakcowan [at] gmail.com. Your endorsement of Laura’s books makes a big difference in encouraging other people to read them.
Thank you so much for your support! With your help, new and unique authors are finding their way through the maze of the publishing industry and into your hands, offering diverse fiction to discriminating fans. You shape the publishing industry more than you know. Thank you for supporting your favorite authors and helping new authors succeed.